As a Sanctuary® Certified Agency, we focus on healthy relationships, positive connections and a safe environment for our co-workers and the individuals and families we serve. We recognize that trauma is pervasive in the experience of human beings, so being “trauma-informed” is the cornerstone of our culture. Team meetings at Envision always start with each person asking the colleague sitting next to them: “How are you feeling today?” It’s part of an intentional process of considering and caring about the feelings of the people we work with and those whom we serve.
We are Seeking:
Direct Support Professionals, Foster Care Providers, Licensed Therapists / Counselors, In-Home Educators, Skill Development Specialists, and Group Home Managers.
- Full and meaningful lives
- Continuous learning
- Authentic relationships
- Mission-centered leadership
Organizational Competencies We Cultivate:
- Ensures the safety and well-being of persons served
- Takes initiative to grow and develop
- Shares expertise and cultural knowledge with others
Relationships and Team Work
- Communicates with respect, kindness, dignity, and professionalism
- Focuses on and celebrates the strengths of others
- Seizes opportunities to contribute
Flexibility and Change
- Demonstrates flexibility to change as agency and persons served needs change
- Takes a positive problem solving approach
- Takes initiative to contribute new ideas and improvements
- Is action oriented – gets things done
- Enjoys working hard and productively
- Volunteers to take on more responsibility when workload permits
- Delivers on commitments
- Values and practices individualized and family-centered care
- Forms positive and meaningful relationships with the people we serve and their families
- Finds opportunities to develop and build trust with people served and their families
- Fosters curiosity and seeks out opportunities for joy and purpose
- Takes time to explore individual’s interests and how they can develop and experience them
Strategic and Caring Leadership
- Inspires trust and empowers others
- Celebrates the achievements of others in ways that are meaningful to them
- Is inclusive and creates a culture where diversity is valued
Five Reasons to Become a
Direct Support Professional
Direct Support Professionals (DSPs) are highly-valued members of the Envision team. They are the people who work most closely with the individuals we serve. Here are some compelling reasons to consider becoming a DSP:
Professional Experience and Training
Becoming a DSP is a great way to launch a career in healthcare, social work, counseling and human services. Envision offers paid training in medication administration, first aid, CPR, disability support, etc.
Industry Growth and Demand
The demand for DSPs is projected to outpace the growth of all other occupations, making it a very valuable job to have. DSPs can also advance to other positions within Envision.
Meaningful Work and Insights
The work of a DSP has a strong impact on the individuals served by Envision and makes a clear difference in their ability to live independent and fulfilling lives. The experience can also change the perspective or worldview of the DSP.
Flexible Schedules and Supplemental Income
Because the individuals served by Envision may need round-the-clock care, there are a variety of shift types. DSP work is a great choice for those with restrictive schedules or who want a second job. It’s also an ideal fit for students who need employment that is flexible with their schoolwork and class schedules.
Casual Dress Code in a Fun Home Environment
DSPs work in the homes of the individuals they support and are permitted to wear casual clothing. DSPs play games, watch TV and plan entertaining activities like outings to movie theaters, restaurants, shopping malls and parks.
Equal Employment Opportunities
We offer equal employment opportunity to qualified individuals without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.